Thursday, June 18, 2015

We're Tripping!


The story began several months ago when my wife, Vicki, told me she wanted to go somewhere for our 40th wedding anniversary. 

Oh, great, I thought, she’s going to want to go to a movie and probably to the Saltgrass Steak House.

But I said, “Sure, anywhere you want to go is fine with me.”
I may have misspoken a little, because about an hour later, Vicki handed me about twenty pages of MapQuest printouts.

“What is this?” I asked.

“It’s our trip!” she exclaimed. “Here, let me show you! We’ll start by going to California to see our son. Jeff will love having us. From there, we will go up the Pacific coast to Washington to see your side of the family and then straight across to Wisconsin to see our nephew and niece. Of course, when we go through Oregon, I want to take a detour to see my friend in Sixes. After we leave Washington, I thought we would want to go to South Dakota to take a quick look at Mount Rushmore and drop by the Mall of America in Minnesota. It will be way fun!”

“Yeah, it is way, alright. . .way out of the question,” I murmured as I flipped through the MapQuest pages.

To see who won this battle, read I'm Tripping by Sammy Griffis in Jest the Two of Us, in paperback or Kindle.


http://www.amazon.com/Jest-Two-Us-Humorous-Columns/dp/1507560818

No comments:

Post a Comment